Sunday 13 February 2022

2022 Calendar

Anybody need or want a calendar?

It has been my custom for some years now, in the run up to Christmas and New Year, to select twelve roughly themed images from whatever photographic or digital imaging projects I've been up to in the previous year, and get them made into a small number of calendars, for distribution to friends and family. In a productive year (and 2021, surprisingly, was a productive year) I tend to make two draft versions using different sets of images, and either settle on one, or get a batch made up of half of each.

This year the post was so disrupted by COVID – at least one calendar I posted in Southampton in early December didn't arrive in London until mid-January! – that it started to seem like stuff was going missing, so I ordered some extra ones when Vistaprint started offering their usual hefty last-minute discounts. The original batch were the usual two A4 sized pages joined together with a wire spiral, but for these extra ones I decided to try out a single A3 sheet layout (42cm x 29.7cm), which is the same price, looks rather nicer and is simpler to hang, but is obviously much less convenient to post.

One of these A3 calendars remains, still packaged in a substantial box, which I'm happy to let someone have for, say, £10 plus postage to anywhere in the world. Contact me via email (see "View My Complete Profile" at top right) if you're interested. The image selection is a set of my landscape photographs, linked by nothing except their horizontal orientation, and the fact that I like them.


No comments: