Friday 24 February 2023

iPhone Perambulations



Itchen water meadows

The weather has been dull, broken by brief spells of more typical February brilliance and big skies, but I've been out and about as usual, snapping away with my phone camera. I still can't quite get over the quality of the results delivered by the raw files made by the Halide app. All this phone (an iPhone 12 mini) lacks is reach: I'm not a natural wide-angle photographer, and I do like to use a moderate telephoto lens to isolate details and juxtapositions in the broader landscape. I'm beginning to think I may need to afford the next iPhone equipped with something approaching a long lens, should such a thing ever appear...


We are all in the gutter, but some of us are
looking up at the stars down at the gutter



 

1 comment:

Stephen said...

iPhone pictures have always looked pretty good to me Mike. The 'Look' is miles better than anything I've ever managed to get out of my Android phones. Your last photo here is nice. I'll listen to the John McLaughlin track once Neil Young's latest ('Chevrolet' - an epic track) is finished playing.

Cheers,

Stephen.