Sunday 16 May 2021

Framework


Front cover, spine, and back cover

There's a company called Zno in the US that makes a range of the sort of tasteful photographic albums, souvenirs, and keepsakes that are popular with PR people, wedding photographers, and the like. Their prices seem very reasonable to me, and their production values are high. I used them once, a couple of years ago, to produce a little "layflat" book – a smaller and actually rather nicer version of my Blurb layflat book Trine – and ever since they have emailed me a stream of updates and offers. Until now, I've not felt the need to use their services again.

However, they recently drew my attention to some new products, including a layflat "booklet", which looked interesting. So I knocked out a quick 16-page 6" x 6" booklet using some of my "frame" pictures, which are perfectly matched to the format. Here are all of the eight 12" x 6" double-page spreads:









Obviously, this item won't be available on my Blurb bookstore, unless I decide it's worth making a Blurb version (unlikely: these are far too expensive), and I don't suppose I'll be making them in any quantity. I've only just uploaded the page images and ordered five copies, and it will be some weeks before they arrive, but if you think you might be interested in one send me an email and, if they turn out to be of a suitable standard, we can come to some arrangement.

4 comments:

Zouk Delors said...

Whose definitions?

Mike C. said...

Zouk,

If you mean the standard of the production, then mine, obvs, and they tend to be high. As it turned out, they exceeded my expectations, and are very nice indeed.

Mike

Zouk Delors said...

No, I was referring to the definitions of the word 'frame' on the first page.

Mike C. said...

Zouk,

Ah, right: they're a mashup from various online dictionaries, quite often reworded by me so that they fit the available space.

Mike