Sunday 8 September 2019

Hamburg


Grindelallee graffiti 

I've spent most of the past week in Hamburg, Germany. My partner was involved in an academic conference there so I tagged along, as is increasingly becoming my MO, these days. Much as I hate travelling, I love being abroad, free to explore and photograph in an unfamiliar city. Although, as another North Sea / Baltic port on a river estuary, Hamburg did seem oddly familiar after similar recent excursions to Amsterdam and St. Petersburg. Inevitably, it also has certain similarities with Southampton, too.

Over the next few days I'll publish some little galleries of my photographs, together with whatever commentary seems appropriate. If any of my German readers are familiar with this fine city, feel free to tell me what I'm getting wrong!

Hamburg waterfront

No comments: