Friday 13 January 2012

Mild Winter

What a strange winter it's been so far. I think I'm correct in saying that this morning was only the third time I've had to scrape frost off the car. Of course, things could change radically over the next couple of months, but it's odd to look back and recall the heavy snowfall and freezes of twelve months ago. We've barely needed the central heating this year that, last year, was taken down by a frozen pipe.

Still, there was a certain glacial clarity in this week's winter sunshine that seemed to hold a promise of cold days to come.






On Wednesday I was about to back the car out of the garage after taking it in for its annual MOT test, when I saw this little tableau through the side window, including that strange reflection in the car parked next to me. The camera was on the passenger seat, so I wound down the window and grabbed the shot -- I think I still had reverse gear engaged and my foot on the clutch.

No comments: