Thursday 10 September 2009

What's On In Innsbruck?

For the German speakers amongst you, here is some early press coverage of my show in Innsbruck, courtesy of Rupert Larl. Modesty forbids me from translating for you, though I will point out that the item with "Kitsch" in the headline is not about me, thankfully.





This is an exciting experience for me, as you can imagine: and not just the exhibition, but also reading about myself in my favourite foreign language. Klasse! (does anyone still say that? It was quite hip in 1970...) Like Alice, I seem to have passed through the looking glass...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your well deserved recognition. I plan to pursue a similar course to yours as to photography when I retire and may even do some self publishing. Not in the hope (or desire) for recognition, but for my own satisfaction.

I admire your (photographic) work and am a faithful reader of your thoughtful and erudite blog. Keep it up and include more photos in addition to more frequent postings, if you have the time.

Mike C. said...

Thanks, Tim! As the reality of this late flush of recognition sinks in, I think I've finally learned to accept a compliment.

It is my sincere belief (and hope) that the world will steadily improve as more and more of us find simple paths to self discovery (I don't think I believe in "self expression"), whether it be through the camera or not. Good luck with your own project: but why not start now?

Unknown said...

I am, actually, as time permits. Current activity largely involves cataloging and weeding through 40 plus years of photos as well as adding new material. A few thematic concepts have come to mind; now I must start bringing some of them to fruition. Your efforts, despite having full time employment and two children at home, are admirable and inspirational.