Friday 26 June 2015

Brighton

I've been in Brighton for a few days, helping my daughter move from one house to another.  The heat and humidity have been quite oppressive, and not ideal weather for the dusty, weary work of packing and transporting stuff.  It's been a while since I felt the salty sting of free-running sweat in my eyes; probably since the last time I helped move stuff in the back of the car.  But never mind: we had an excellent meal out one evening when things cooled down, and I got some time to wander the streets, and explore that uniquely Brighton combination of grimy delapidation, seaside architecture, and inventive grafitti.






Interestingly, I find that keeping half an eye open for digital collage components has freed up my photographic judgement.  Instead of thinking, no, that's too simple, or no, that intrusive bit of poster wrecks the composition, I take the picture anyway.  Frames, backgrounds, textures -- it's all useful.

No comments: